Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS)
Special leave, issued from remote access digital platforms due to the current contingency | Pregnancy certificate and issuance of maternity leave
On May 04, the Agreement: “ACDO.AS2.HCT.250320/97.P.DPES” was published, which authorizes the issuance of a special leave that utilizes remote access platforms due to the current contingency. The Agreement is summarized as follows:
1. A special leave using remote access on digital platforms due to the current contingency is authorized, available to policyholders and employers, based on current operational definitions. This permission or certificate will be equivalent to a Temporary Incapacity to Work, so it must keep the legal support to cover the absence of the worker in the workplace, determine the discount of the employer-worker fees and allow the payment of the subsidy in the field of general disease for all cases.
• Suspension of enforceability of in-person proceedings for the registration or modification of Interbank Code accounts [in Spanish: CLABE], of the insured parties, to pay subsidies for temporary incapacity to work, make all the payments for special permits and subsidies by depositing in a bank account, allow the exchange of information to carry out validation and verification processes of interbank CLABE accounts and the identification of the insured, as well as for the granting of pensions.
• The Department of Medical Benefits [in Spanish: la Dirección de Prestaciones Médicas] is authorized, together with the Department of Economic and Social Affairs, [in Spanish: la Dirección de Prestaciones Económicas y Sociales], to define the terms and conditions in which economic benefits may be extended during the contingency period (Temporary Incapacity to Work, Pension Benefits due to Temporary Incapacity, and Temporary Pension Benefits due to Occupational Hazards).
• Authorization, automatically and for one-time-only, of a six-month extension for the survival verification of the pensioned population residing in countries with displacement restrictions and/or where the procedures and services at the Mexican consular offices are compromised.
• The Department of Economic and Social Benefits must implement actions that allow the reduction of queues and waiting time, favoring the use of contact-less channels such as My Digital Pension for the care of older adults, and where appropriate, determine those processes and services that will continue to be provided during the contingency.
• The Department of Economic and Social Benefits is authorized to suspend the calculation of the prescription provided for in article 300 of the Social Security Law [in Spanish: la Ley del Seguro Social], during the contingency period and the extension of the term for pension benefits due to temporary incapacity that expire during the contingency.
• The Department for Innovation and Technological Development is instructed to provide the necessary adjustments to the computer systems required by the Departments of Medical Benefits and Economic and Social Benefits for the correct application of the issuance of disabilities, identification, and payment of subsidies.
Agreement for the authorization to issue pregnancy certificates and maternity leave from remote access digital platforms
In addition to the information above, the Agreement: “ACDO.AS2.HCT.070420/119.P.DPES” was also published authorizing pregnancy certificates and the issuance of maternity leaves using digital remote access platforms, and is summarized as follows:
• Authorization for the certification of pregnancy and the issuance of maternity leaves from digital remote access platforms provided that the insured has made use of the medical services for prenatal care.
• The Department of Economic and Social Benefits is instructed to certify the pregnancy, through the Occupational Health Physicians, and issue maternity leaves to the insured who have not made use of the Institute’s prenatal care, privileging the usage of digital remote access platforms.
• The suspension of the obligation of in-person processing for the registration or modification of interbank code accounts of the insured parties for the payment of subsidies for temporary incapacity due to pregnancy.
• Through the Mexican Social Security Institute’s portal, the Department of Economic and Social Affairs is instructed to incorporate the employer’s confirmation into the payment process for temporary incapacity to work due to maternity leave.
• The Department for Innovation and Technological Development is instructed to provide the necessary adjustments to the computer systems required by the Departments of Medical Benefits and Economic and Social Benefits for the correct application of this Agreement.
• The Legal Department is instructed to carry out the necessary steps to publish this Agreement in the Official Gazette of the Federation for the pertinent
Please contact us if you require any additional information. We will be happy to assist you in any matter related to the above.